We are looking for a content writer who is comfortable with all areas of copy and content production (print and online) and eager to learn. The content writer will assist the content strategist with driving content ideation, research, and distribution.
The content writer will be part of the MiX Telematics marketing team at their central services organisation, which is responsible for developing and implementing marketing plans and activities that help drive business growth across the globe, in alignment with the company’s strategic objectives. The content writer will report into the brand and communications manager.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Produce SEO-friendly content for websites, blog posts, emails, online ads, infographics, and campaigns
- Write enticing copy for brochures, flyers, case studies, white papers, adverts, event material, and other print marketing collateral
- Assist with internal announcements, mailers, and internal communications campaigns
- Proofread online and offline documents
- Re-purpose existing content into multiple media
- Work closely with and support the other members of the marketing team in reaching the overall marketing objectives of the company
- Work with global and regional colleagues across teams and functions to research, develop, and share content
Applicants are requested to submit samples of unedited writing with their application.
MiX Telematics is a leading global provider of fleet and mobile asset management solutions delivered as SaaS to more than 620,000 subscribers in over 120 countries. The company’s products and services provide enterprise fleets, small fleets and consumers with solutions for efficiency, safety, compliance and security.
MiX Telematics was founded in 1996 and has offices in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uganda, Brazil, Australia and the United Arab Emirates as well as a network of more than 130 fleet partners worldwide. MiX Telematics shares are publicly traded on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE: MIX) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MIXT).
- Ability to collaborate, lead, and work with global/regional/local colleagues as part of a physical or virtual team.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to move campaigns forward in a complex environment, while actively managing multiple stakeholders and maintaining project schedules and delivering on time.
- Excellent grasp of English, and sound spelling and grammar skills.
- Passion for writing and editing.
- Ability to write creatively, factually and informatively, depending on the target audience.
- Strong conceptualisation skills.
- Good understanding of online writing principles and the wider digital marketing field.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the wider marketing field.
- Ability to deliver on time and quality content.
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Can-do approach
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org