Skip to main content
Sponsored Link

Suggested for You
Saturday, August 14 2010
On a Sunday morning in Mbarara town wanting to check out of the hotel room but before that I had to clear my hotel bill having spent a night after a wedding but coincidentally all the ATMs were not working at the same time. It was strange but true.

I hold an account with Barclays bank and since it is visa enabled, there was no need to carry cash on me after all I could withdraw anywhere with a visa sign. This was of course after starting with my own bank which was not working at the time.

For fear of crossing over to another day in the hotel, I was forced to make a quick decision. I went to Standard Chartered Bank which of course would charge me about 5,000 as a charge for the visa service now that I'm not their customer but that was okay with me now that any delay in the hotel would attract a night's charge and yet I was not about to spend an extra night in Mbarara.

Standard Chartered ATM was not working as well, crossed to Stanbic Bank, Crane Bank which were all not working at the time. I was too desperate that I even crossed to Equity Bank which for one reason or the other not advertised that their ATMs are visa enabled.

But because this is the only option that saved me from my situation, I had no choice but to write about them. I went for the ATM machine, put in my card, it took a bit of time before responding scaring me the more because it is one thing to have an ATM card and the machines are not working and another thing not to have an ATM because it has been swallowed up by an ATM machine, in this way even if the service resumed, you would not be able to withdraw money for lack of an ATM card.

The machine later asked me to put my details of how much I wanted and there I saw the money. I also noticed something unique about its dispensing mechanism, it gives you all denominations so if you are the type who wanted loose notes, there will be no need of looking for change money.
Posted by: uowd AT 02:55 am   |  Permalink   |  23 Comments  |  Email
Comments:
can l use shs to buy thing online with my visa card
Posted by deng aar on 14/12/2010 - 04:11 PM
money
Posted by matovu james billy on 01/04/2011 - 05:50 PM
can you please connect my ATM international visa and i start using it online
Posted by Alagon Timothy on 11/11/2011 - 11:52 AM
Hello Mr / Mrs, I thank you first as team to bring this product to us. With my few questions i want to know, can i be able to get VISA Card in any branch of EQUITY here in Uganda ? How long will it take to reach to me and how mush Uganda Shs do i have to pay to get it ? Expect to here from you soon. Sincerely Tamale Smith.
Posted by Tamale Smith on 13/02/2012 - 12:04 AM
Hello, my name is Bbosa Geofrey. I really don't know what happened to my visa credit card because I applied for it and its Four months now I have not received even a message on my mobile phone indicating that It has come back but nothing please do tell me to help me out.
Posted by Bbosa Geofrey on 28/03/2012 - 02:33 PM
Since i sent email to you, i never been replied. A question please, You give VISA ATM Cards but there not Valid to be used online. What does it need my ATM Card to be able to access online like buying software online. Waiting for your reply on my email address (tamasithe@hotmail.com). Thanks T Smith.
Posted by Tamale Smith on 12/05/2012 - 11:45 PM
@TS ATM's do not do online transactions unless when specifically authorised to do so like Debit cards and Credit cards. The Visa ATM will only enable you to access your account anywhere in the world as long as there is a visa sign. You can talk to your bank regarding your need to do online transactions. Banks like Stanbic and Standard chartered are doing.
Posted by Mukyas on 13/05/2012 - 12:22 AM
Dear sir/madam, I would like to know the recquirements of processing for me a credit visa card, the charges inccured and how long it takes to be processed. Thanx. Sincerely RICHARD
Posted by SSESANGA RICHARD on 31/05/2012 - 10:38 AM
I thank so much Equity bank i do enjoy their services there real good for us custom that is why i wont live Equity Bank,and Due to all that i had applied for A visa card and i have got it,now my question is that,can i use it with any bank,which is having ATM machine with visa on it? Other wise am so thankful,keep up. with much love and respect to all people who work in Equity. Jonas
Posted by Nteziyaremye Jonas on 27/06/2012 - 04:53 PM
is every equity ATM card visa enabled? and how did they charge to make your withdraw from equity bank?
Posted by teddy on 07/09/2012 - 05:01 PM
Hey, i have just one simple question or two, can i use my Visa card to pay a conference or convetion attendence fees worldwide 2)Can i use my equity visa card worldwide... Thanks alot, Best regards, Charles
Posted by KAKOOZA CHARLES on 22/04/2013 - 03:50 PM
Hi, i live in UK but i would like to access my account balance on my equity bank account , i regestered for internet banking while in Uganda , but whenever i try to send a msg for account balance , they ask me to login ID & Passward , plz let me know how i can those two ie passward and ID. thaxs. Elizabeth, Glasgow-Scotland-UK.
Posted by Nanyonga Elizabeth on 30/04/2013 - 03:04 AM
how can i get online vise card
Posted by frank on 04/05/2014 - 08:06 PM
Hello i would like to know whether i can use my Equity VISA ELECTRON CARD as intentional because i earn dollars on line can i be able to use it and i send them account number because they need a visa card. thank you moses
Posted by Mande moses on 13/08/2014 - 08:09 PM
Hello, i would like to know whether i can use equity bank visa card for online payments or online marketing. Thank you
Posted by mugume ismail on 26/12/2014 - 03:35 PM
My ATM card for stanbic bank uganda has been swallnwed up by the machine what do i do inorder to get my card? Please help
Posted by ogwal Isaac phiqisha on 15/04/2015 - 03:29 AM
@Ogwal...I'm just wondering how long have you had this ATM? Well, if it was long enough, then you would not be asking such a question, However, now that you have asked, I will be glad to help. Depending on where your atm was captured from, you can talk to that branch during working hours, or better still go and report to the branch where you opened your account from.
Posted by Mark on 15/04/2015 - 10:29 AM
Just two questions,With my visa card Can any person world wide send money to my account through visa card linked to my website? Can you connect my account to my pay pal account?
Posted by Apollo on 25/05/2015 - 06:27 PM
l wount like my visa card to be conected to my paypal account
Posted by eric nduguyise on 15/11/2015 - 02:10 PM
hello thanks for work, i want to open up savings a/c with you, what are the requirements? and if i do will i be able to get a visacard, if yes, how much do i have to pay and it takes how long to get it. thank you.
Posted by Hamza kawooya on 16/11/2016 - 12:13 PM
@Hamza, please check with the nearest branch near you, otherwise, I know them for having flexible terms, their cards are visa...
Posted by Mark on 16/11/2016 - 02:40 PM
Hello thanks for your service but why is that i can not use visa card online like purchasing online.always they tell me to check card info or change other card.also it failed logging into paypal yet some times work online and expect to earn directly via my account .so help me if it can or not then we switch to other banks
Posted by Wils on 08/04/2017 - 12:27 PM
how can i approve pay pal using equity bank visa card uganda
Posted by Twaguma on 20/09/2017 - 02:53 PM