Skip to main content
Sponsored Link

Suggested for You
Tuesday, August 09 2011

Pay TV customers on the DSTV service under Multichoice have another reason to smile after exchange rates were added to allow you pay the exact amount for the desired package.

Customers on MTN Mobile Money can simply enter this code *160*3*2*1# and the market rates will follow. Now that the service is invoiced in dollars, it is important to pay the exact amount as the dollar rate keeps on fluctuating every now and then.

Today, 9 Aug 2011 rates for the DSTV Bouquets were as follows:

• Premium Ugx 209,450
  • Compact Plus Ugx 128,900
  • Compact Ugx 75,200
  • Family: 53,700
  • Access Ugx 26, 500
  • Premium +Xtraview/ Dual: 236,300/-

The beauty with Mobile Money is that the moment you call the call centre and you notify them of the payment, the amount will be visible on your account at the time of the call.

Initially, if you had made a payment from say Shell Select, you could then call the support team through the call centre, who could then connect you for at least two days before the accounts department eventually clears you.

This latest development will certainly save customers a lot of time and money that they have otherwise been wasting in driving, walking and so on just to get money through.

Related: Pay Your DSTV Bill with MTN Mobile Money

Posted by: uowd AT 01:27 pm   |  Permalink   |  30 Comments  |  Email
Comments:
exchange rate today 2012 april
Posted by nakiryowa on 18/04/2012 - 02:34 PM
My question is Am currently in south africa but i would wish to purchase a fully connected DSTV package in south africa. is this possible and if yes how much will it cost me.
Posted by Lutwama Idhi on 11/12/2012 - 12:46 PM
my question is that am currrently in southafrica can i pay my bills for Dstv in uganda
Posted by ROGERS TRAJAN on 02/01/2013 - 03:16 PM
exchange rate today 3/Jan/2013
Posted by resty kyeyune on 03/01/2013 - 03:24 PM
if i send i pay 50k do i get family package and what is the number i use to call
Posted by Cornelius on 03/04/2013 - 05:42 PM
I have xtraviews but at the moment it working as a single decorder,can they be linked together when i pay using mobile money and call the service center?
Posted by Okumu Richard on 08/09/2013 - 11:43 AM
I am in Masindi District, Uganda. I would like to purchase a DSTV package. Many times I have contacted your agents here in Masindi, opposite Gapco Filling Station but their answer has always been the same - out of stock!!! When will you send the equipment to Masindi because I may not be the only prospective customer. And how soon? so that we can plan financially? Liz
Posted by Liz Bwanswa on 02/10/2013 - 04:43 PM
Dstv you guys suck. after recharging I hv to call your bu centres and then I don't see any reconnection. check on customer services in uganda.
Posted by ibrahim on 05/10/2013 - 07:56 PM
Hello there at DSTV Uganda, just to say thx for the Dstv open week Nov. 2013. Keep up such good spirit by rewarding your customers.
Posted by Andrew on 11/11/2013 - 11:14 PM
Thank you for the good services.
Posted by JEJE DECOR on 19/11/2013 - 04:41 PM
Dstv guys told me that whenever payment is made reconnection is instant.it's now an hour since I made the payment but no reconnection is made. What's the problem. U suck really.
Posted by paul musiime on 12/02/2014 - 10:47 PM
Thank for yo service to me but could u plse update me on price for Compact plus.Thanx
Posted by Bukulu moses on 23/02/2014 - 05:58 PM
@Bukulu - I'm on Compact and I just paid 81,600 that means compact plus should be around 100,000/- or there about
Posted by Mozelo on 23/02/2014 - 07:44 PM
I'm fade up of your services how can I pay on 5th June now its 9th you guys have not reconnected me I have been calling you but nothing has been done Iam thinking of changing to another company Kakuru James Ntungamo
Posted by Kakuru James on 09/06/2014 - 07:27 PM
good morning just paid subscription using mobile money last night but haven't received services upto now please help smart card number is 42612964306
Posted by kyakyo Juliet on 08/08/2014 - 11:09 AM
I paid shs 55000 subscription using MTN mobile this morning 4/11/14 for Family bouquet. I tried to get in touch with DSTV the whole day on 0312245245 to inform them to upgrade me from Access to Family in vain. Someone help.
Posted by Jim Oboth on 04/11/2014 - 09:19 PM
It's strange that you did not get help..In future though, If you are trying to upgrade, you are better off transacting off the counter...What you did is still ideal provided you are on the same package.
Posted by Mark on 04/11/2014 - 09:51 PM
I'm on access bouquet, I paid 28000 shilling but its not effected, all the channels I always pay for in access are still blocked. Why?
Posted by Onyango Tonny on 05/11/2014 - 05:04 PM
i paid for dstv using mtn mobile money on 2nd march but i have not been connected since then.(smart card number ..........) will be grateful if u can take action as soon as possible. Regards Bruce
Posted by Bruce Turyamureeba on 05/03/2015 - 01:32 PM
Hi Bruce send RESET followed by your card number and send to 6060 and wait for at least 15 minutes for your picture to show, if it does not then you call support on 031.2.245.245
Posted by Mark on 05/03/2015 - 01:35 PM
I would like to change my package to compact how should I do plse help
Posted by lugwanirya Brian on 21/03/2015 - 04:14 PM
@Lugwanirya - Get out of your comfort zone and go to their offices if you cannot call them, strange but true, that is the only help you need and may be some airtime to call 0312245245
Posted by Mel on 21/03/2015 - 04:39 PM
How much is the cheapest changes for dstv in uganda
Posted by Yasin bakumda on 29/03/2015 - 06:32 PM
Please I have forgotten my account with dstv Uganda and I want to pay now. Thanks Laban
Posted by Laban Arinaitwe on 01/08/2015 - 11:03 PM
You take long to receive our calls, when we call for inquiry. One needs to load say shs. 10,000= just for a single call. Please improve on your customer care. For this reason therefore one is hesitate to contact you. It is MTN which benefits through the prolonged telephones calls.
Posted by Peace on 10/08/2015 - 06:22 PM
I cnt make my monthly dstv package payment on mtn mobile money ....whenever I try to do it ..it shows failed .wat could be the problem
Posted by adam on 15/08/2015 - 11:55 PM
It has been two days now since i paid for dstv using my phone but no reco nnection since
Posted by george ssendiisa on 09/09/2015 - 09:38 PM
I cant see any thing but I've paid already i dont where da problem
Posted by kalyesubula william on 27/11/2015 - 09:03 PM
thx for the xtra view offer i only wish it is extended for some other time. when is the offer ending please reply, secondly how do i check my subscription balance using my mtn mobile phone
Posted by masaba joseph on 26/12/2015 - 10:55 AM
DSTV Uganda is a curse , I wonder the problem is Ugandans do things, the line for support does not work 24 hours and instead of providing each numbers for people to just do self reactivation like in Kenya and Nigeria , we have to call a customer line that charges people ,please style up, the market is having other players.
Posted by Francis ODADA on 07/07/2017 - 09:16 PM