Highlights and Lead Stories from the Red Pepper Uganda's first Tabloid.
Saturday, 31 May 2008
A retired teacher in Bushenyi says he is Gulu LCV Chairman, Nobert Mao biological father. He is ready for DNA testing to prove he is the father of the renowned politician. Mzee Alfred Mulekwa, 65 met Mao's mother Sikola Kesihiki and he fell in love with her and hit the road.He was planning to marry her before a smart army officer who is now regarded as Mao's biological father swept her off her feet. Okee was an officer in Amin's army and this is what he used to grab his girl friend. It was too late then because he had already planted the seed.Mulekwa says: ''she was pregnant with my baby but she fell for the soldier and went away with him''
- Besigye denied Airtime on a Kisoro based radio station
- Makerere babes on sex rampage at Rock Catalina, Steak Out, Ground Zero & Owenz
What strategy would you come up with to tame your man?
Miss Uganda, Monica Kasyate: "If Im in a relationship with a man I expect loyalty and respect from him because that is what could accord him otherwise, if he can't be tamed, then God is the only one who can."
Friday, 30 May 2008
Major General Acellam Otto has replaced Gen.J.Kony as the Lords Resistance Army (LRA) chief.Acellam was the deputy after Okot Odhiambo's death. The rebel group split into three major factions and the biggest with close to 300 fighters is led by Acellam. The second group led by Abudema is fighting Khartoum forces for the control of the oil rich city. The third group is led by Okot and is positioned in jungles of Garamba in DR Congo.
- Chameleon and Chagga Release Duet
- Bobi is a flop this year-Bebe Cool
- UPDF Bosses block Iraq job Seekers
- BBA 3 Team in town for Auditions
- Kampala's top Stage Booty Shakers: Spice girls, Viva Stars, Dream Galz, TCK, Fabulous Galz, Heavens Crew, Stingerz, Kombat Dancers, Crystal, Fantasy
Thursday, 29 May 2008
An intelligence report regarding the 2011 presidential elections and sanctioned by the ruling party (NRM) has come up with findings that given a fair head to head contest between president Museveni and Prof.Gilbert Bukenya, the VP could easily defeat his boss in an election. The group that carried out this survey is the very group that predicted a win for Museveni in the previous election but with a 10% decline. The report listed other likely candidates like two time defeated Kizza Besigye of FDC and Nandala Mafaabi.
- Nakawunde of That's Life Mwattu ! to introduce longtime bonkmate
- Straka smooches in Car
- Pastor Kiweewesi fails on the English language in Rwanda and the only word he could say was Hallelujah.He realized a miracle had failed to happen for him to speak English and people were not understanding his Luganda so he hired a Luganda -Kinyarwanda translator.
- DP Plans Massive Demonstration on 7.June.2008 at Clock Tower. " We are not going to inform police now. We shall handle them the way they come. If they apply violence, we shall give it in return." Said the Deputy Publicity Secretary, Fred Mwesigwa.
Wednesday, 28 May 2008
The Kyabazinga, Henry Muloki Wako, 87 was rushed to the hospital 2 days ago with breathing and chest complications. '' Most Basoga were spotted in groups sharing the bad news and praying for him after rumors started filtering in yesterday afternoon that Kyabazinga had met his creator''. He was later discharged and this brought in some moment of relief. Osman Ahmed, the Minister in charge of Trade, Tourism & Industry announced the good news that the King is actually relaxing at his Nakabango palace.
- Ragga Dee dropped off MTN Deal - He lost his 5Mn per month contract because of his fast fading celebrity clout. He has not released any hit since the days of Oyagala cash. Bobi Wine and Juliana are still on and Jose pulled out sighting limitations in making more money. Ragga Dee has complained to close friends that after releasing Owakaze Ke they could have given him more time.
- Aisha Nabukeera has still not gone for surgery
- Bobi Wine hires Kassim Ouma's brother as body guard.
Tuesday, 27 May 2008
Police presence at Mbale has been beefed up to control a possible outbreak of violence. A traditional healer has been pausing as a woman for close to 20 years but recently he fell sick and he was admitted to a female ward. It was later discovered that Doctor ''Suzana'' was a man after a close examination by the doctors. He disappeared from the hospital moments later. He has however resurfaced at the hospital and news of his presence at the hospital spread very fast attracting crowds at the hospital mostly women who were ''her'' patients. They threatened to lynch him.
- Oimuke Doing Kyeyo in Dubai Hotel and not in UK
- Ex Budo Head Teacher in Massive Land Scam.
Monday, 26 May 2008
Uganda People's Defence Forces(UPDF) got an emergency radio message requiring all officers and men to take an immediate blood test because the Chieftaincy of Medical Services (CMS) wants to establish everyone's blood group in the army. This is a very important aspect in the professionalism of the army. A task force headed by the Director HIV/AIDS Lt.Col. Dr Kusasira has been put in place.
- Jomayi offices Robbed of cash and land titles.
- ICC still insists Kony and Otti should be arrested, Dead or Alive.
- Woman burns sibling over Shs 500.
- Simba Telecom to sell Multichoice DSTV Decoders
- Obsessions Director Bans Motorcycle Usage for members
- PAM Awards Mulindwa and Sarah Kirabo Kwanjulad.
- Thugs hit Tindatine - She was in a dance hall and some guy asked to dance with her something that she objected too. The guy started touching her private parts forcefully. She went for the bouncers and notified them of the mishap and the guy responsible. This guy retaliated with blows on her face.
Saturday, 24 May 2008
An officer above the rank of Colonel is the godfather of the Kampala gangs that have been causing havoc by murdering & raping women. This was discovered when security wanted to arrest four of the suspected criminals who drove very fast to the General's office. The general instead asked the security operatives whether they had permission to have the thugs arrested, which these guys did not have. He simply told them ''I'll deal with them my self''. The thugs terrorizing Kampala are ex convicts of operation wembley. They move in groups of three attacking residents between 10pm and 1:00am.
- Government to import 120 million condoms
- Racheal Kiwanuka Releases 12 Track Album
The Onion Launched: Vol.1 No.1 Saturday, May 24-30, 2008-Maiden Issue with Sexiest Models, Biggest Stars & Latest News.
- Blu 3'S MYA hisses like a pressure cooker
- Meryl stars in Blue Movie
- Read about Maureen, who Kassim Ouma made pregnant on his last tour to Uganda last year
- FDC Party plants sexy babe in Statehouse to seduce M7.
Friday, 23 May 2008
The Onion Tabloid will be launched today as the editor in chief, Richard Tumusiime issues a strong warning to gov't over a planned move to clamp down on the media.''Following the recent move by government to clamp down the media through intimidation and harassment of the media managers and journalists, Red Pepper would like to object in the strongest terms to the government's planned move. If government insists on clamping down media houses, Red Pepper is willing to hold a nude demonstration on the streets of Kampala in a bit to uphold the media freedom" The Onion will hit the streets this afternoon and it will be weekly.
- Coffin for DP Die-hard, Winnie Makumbi unpaid for two months after her death
- Drunkard tries raping pig, Pig retaliates by biting off manhood
- Bella the girl who slept with Akon has been dumped by her boy friend and she is all tears
- FDC Confirms Militia Training
- Fourth Term Surveillance team to meet Libya's President
Thursday, 22 May 2008
- UPC's Cecilia Ogwal Joins FDC
- Basajjabalaba Critically Sick, Mubaje case flops
- Onion Tabloid hits Market on 23.May.2008
- WARID Subscribers at 500,000
- Radio Stations Fighting for Rasta Rob MC
Wednesday, 21 May 2008
Pastor Kiwedde of Holy Fire Ministries has sold the Church at 30Mn and crossed to Congo.The pastor who was arrested last week for stealing a vehicle that belonged to a Masaka businessman is out on bail and has gone to join his Congolese wife in Bunia.
- Rebels burn Tinyefunza's car
- Indians terrorizing married women in Iganga
- Oimuke Quits WBS for Kyeyo in UK
This Friday the Red Pepper will roll out with the ''ONION'' which is a new newspaper. If you love the red one then expect a lot more with the Onion..
Tuesday, 20 May 2008
The FDC Leader, Col, Dr. Kizza Besigye has resorted to training personal militias. Over 300 militias were passed out 3 days back in Kawempe. They were commissioned by Wafula Oguttu the spokesman for the party and the Secretary for mobilization, Maj.Gen. Mugisha Muntu.
- Ugandans Feared Dead in S.African attacks
- Sex Offenders for Compulsory HIV test
- Henry Tigan signed up with Sony
Monday, 19 May 2008
Early this month Red Pepper ran a story about Museveni's house in Kisozi being burnt under mysterious circumstances. A new rebel group that calls itself ''Defence for the liberation of Uganda'' left a letter written by hand just around the Red Pepper offices in Namanve claiming responsibility for the attack. The message in the envelope was that they attacked the home in April at 2:00am.
- Police Invest Fresh Tactics to Fight Crime. Officers are now to spend most of the time with the public and civilians are engaged in neighborhood watch schemes. In just a week over 900 murders and suspects have been arrested.
- Ugandan Guards face tough times in Iraq.
- Jomayi buys Sporty Range Rover.
Related: Museveni's Ranch Burned Down
Friday, 16 May 2008
At one of the ceremonies he has attended recently in India he was given a gift well wrapped like a book which he very quickly passed on to his aides. The gift was later not taken on board. In another incident as the President was addressing Indian business community, one of his commandants, Vincent Senfuma suffered a strange mental illness and almost ran mad because he was talking using uncoordinated statements. He was later taken to a hospital in India.
- Horny guys vow to shaft Juliana
- Mulaasi evicted from his rented house in Busega
- Jose & Chagga bury Hatchet
- Judith Heard in the US. The trip was part of an Easter Treat.
Thursday, 15 May 2008
Reports of LRA leader Joseph Kony gained more credence after failing to meet the religious leaders on a peace mission after 5 days.
- Former Big Brother Uganda housemate, Maureen Namatovu and Oga have broken up and snoops are worried the break up might have had a mental effect on her.
- Ange Noir has scrapped Wednesday Nights to pave way for private functions like Stag parties
- Airliners can only pay Ugx 3,400 for lost goods
- 500 Killers arrested in Kampala
- Chameleon could loose his 7Mn per month contract after performing on a Celtel sponsored show
Wednesday, 14 May 2008
Pastor Muwanguzi of Holy Fire Ministry is being held at Katwe Police Station while a Priest from Arua is charged with Rape in the US. Muwanguzi was found at the American Embassy trying to get a visa and sneak out of the country. The man of God is being accused of stealing a toyota land cruiser UAH 419 T.''The man was picked, handcuffed and dumped on an open police pick-up as onlookers cheers to his embarrassment'' said a witness at the scene. This pastor used his customized Hummer for Collateral Security
as he was choking on debts. Meanwhile the wife was seen driving a similar land cruiser on 22/04/08, crossed to Congo through Mpondwe in Kasese.
Tuesday, 13 May 2008
It is believed that Akon could have injured himself during the performance in Uganda. He jumped to the crowds in what he terms as ‘The Unity affair’ and in the process fans might have hurt him in the scrotum. Meanwhile one lucky girl identified as Bella who managed to beat models who had been lined up for the singers attention. When Akon spotted Bella, a Northern Uganda babe, he asked his aides to organize Bella to spend a night with him. Bella did not hesitate and since then she is filled with stories of the super star’s sexual prowess. Bella has chosen to preserve the panties she was wearing that night and she is thinking of displaying them somewhere for those interested.
- Rebels Kidnapp top American Pastor in Lira
- Kamya faces imprisonment
- Mourners burn house at Funeral
Monday, 12 May 2008
Detectives probing the Apr 14 fire believe they have come up with the biggest clue so far in the investigation. The Matron, Damalie Basirika got 50 Mn before the fire and now it is believed the ones who paid her that money are behind the fire. The Apr 14 fire left 20 female students dead.
- Vehicle number, UAE 238 P Caught fire in front of Speke Hotel
- British Airways Survives Terrorist Attack - An Entebbe bound BA flight; BA63 survived a terrorist attack on the 07-May-2008 when one passenger of Ethiopian or Somali origin tried to open the door only to be over powered by other passengers.
- Susan clashes with Sylvia over Akon - Susan Owori knew Akon through her former boyfriend Crazy Dee aka Dennis Mugaga of Datwinz. Dennis introduced Susan to Akon and in the process Susan got interested in him and that is why they broke up. When she learnt of Akon coming she tried her level best to beat the security at the airport to at least have a glance at the super star but the security was too tight. She drove to Kampala, Serena Hotel where her dream came true. Akon saw her on coming out of the vehicle and hugs followed. Susan stormed club sway hand in hand with Akon telling the whole nation the two were an item. Sylvia was at the club earlier with her models, they entertained Akon, something that did not amuse Susan. Sylvia and Susan exchanged hot words in the process.
Saturday, 10 May 2008
Two brave soldiers at the rank of Private and W01 have sold a chunk of land belonging to Uganda People's Defense Forces (UPDF) to an investor who has a plot in the same vicinity. This was around late last month when Pte. Robert Chemston and W01 Mukaabya sold a plot of land next to Kololo at 144 Mn. The two are being held at Katabi, the Presidential Guard Brigade (PGB) cells and are soon to be produced at the court martial.
- Mabira rioter flees to New Zealand after learning of how his co accused was murdered
- Kony's mum, Lakwena's Dad queue for IDP iron sheets.
Friday, 09 May 2008
The preliminary findings in the Budo inferno that left 20 female pupils dead wants Namirembe Bishop S.S. Balagadde arrested over the very incident. The report was compiled by a special branch of the Uganda Police Force and unless the Bishop is tackled, the charges against the five security guards and the Matron will be meaningless. The Bishop is the Chairman board of governors.
- Nagenda Weds Quietly
- Former Presidential Legal advisor, Naava convicted of 14 Fraud cases
- Kony Peace team prepares for Akon show
- Gateway bus, UAH 995U overturns, Injures passengers
- Fire guts Voice of Teso
Thursday, 08 May 2008
He has fled his Buziga house to Kiruhura District. he is fleeing from people who frequent his home pretending to be friends yet they have ulterior motives. Unconfirmed sources also indicate he is undergoing expert treatment by traditional healers.
- Over 20 soldiers arrested in line with Museveni's burnt house
- FDC Chief faces arrest over Budo Remarks donated. He recently visited the school and donated Ugx 2.5Mn but while there he claimed there were two bodies of adults as opposed to the postmortem report of bodies of female juveniles only. This could land him in trouble.
- Jinja, Mukono clash over Bujagali royalties.
- Akon jets in tonight -9:30 pm. Those with tickets should have reason to smile.
- Oulanya grassing from the time he lost his capital FM job
Wednesday, 07 May 2008
President Museveni's ranch in Mpigi District burnt down to almost ashes. The fire broke out from the main house at about 4:00pm. The President has thousands of cattle at this ranch. The fire has left many un answered questions more so at the time when 20 pupils had lost their lives a few days back.
- Budo Matron Denied Bail
- Kampala city hit with Diesel shortage
- Mbale Hospital nurse gang raped
- Bafeere Raid Jinja
- Phone Operators boycott 500 shs airtime
- ''Do Me'' Guys pick on Trish, Uhuru's ex for a night at Hotel Africana.- Since they are identical Paul was the first and much later he called in Peter to start from where he had ended, but for the girl it was perceived this was one person.
Monday, 05 May 2008
Last week a car rammed into Kizza Besigye's petrol station at the time when he was around. The occupants of the car, (UAA 669 V) threw a burning cigarette at the leaking tank of this fairly old vehicle setting it ablaze. The car was later towed to Katwe police station.
The latest on the two men is that their plot was to burn the petrol station while Besigye was around. ''What surprised on lookers was that the car headed for the supermarket at the petrol station where Besigye was standing making a phone call '' said a senior FDC official who preferred to remain anonymous.
- Jinja Mayor arrested over IGG report
- Juma Seiko to fly family to US for graduation.
Friday, 02 May 2008
Shocking details have emerged on how the Government of Uganda paid Ugx 600 Million to a ''fake Kony''. David Matsanga claimed that he was appointed by Kony to represent LRA in the peace talks. Matsanga used some guy who spoke good Acholi claiming to be Kony. Late last year it was announced that he had been sacked. Those who know the LRA so well say that no one has spoken to the real Kony since January and those claiming to have spoken to Kony are only faking it for he does not use satellite phones.
- Kibaki Cabinet in Shs 410bn Shortfall
- DPC Aurien killed wife over unknown pregnancy
- Juliana to perform 'Do Me' with P-Square however its not very clear whether she will perform as for now Bebe Cool is the only Ugandan artists supposed to perform on Celtel shows
- DJ Shiru back from UK but he cannot rejoin Club Silk after falling out with Elvis Senkyanzi