Highlights and Lead Stories from the Red Pepper Uganda's first Tabloid.
Wednesday, 30 April 2008
Suburbs in and around Kampala are increasingly leaving in fear of armed murders that have left several people dead and others murdered. Police is trying to figure out whether it is serial killers or mere thugs carrying out the murders. Dangerous areas Ntinda-Kyanja, Namugongo Triangle, Kansanga Kabalagala Gaba area. In just two months, there has been a lot of terror in Kiwatule, Ntinda, Najeera, Kisaasi, Kyanja and Naalya.
- DPC Murdered wife over HIV Infection
- I won't beg Kony to quit the Bush-M7
- Col.Besigye survives assassination
- Batooro for late Mayombo memorial
- First Uganda Movie Awards On this November and will be called Golden Film Awards 2008
- Mulaasi in 4Mn rent arrears and for that reason he has avoided his home for two weeks now.
Tuesday, 29 April 2008
More clues have emerged suggesting that the leader of the rebel LRA, Joseph Kony might be actually dead. If Kony was at the camp in the first week of this month, the French forces bombed his new base in Central African Republic to the extent that no living thing was left in the camp.
Just around the same time of the French air strike, the Sudan liberation army fighting against the Janjaweed militia for the liberation of Darfur downed a helicopter that was frequenting Kony's base from the Sudan.
When Red Pepper broke the news of the possible death of Kony, Gulu RDC Walter Ochola claimed that he had talked to Kony but this might not be accurate. When Vincent Otti was killed, Gulu District Chairman went on Mega Radio and refuted the matter but the same Mao just watched in as more sordid details of Otti's death trickled in. Walter Ochola has actually not spoken to Kony because Ochola is not Kony's spokesperson, Kony and Ochola are not friends after the latter described him as a savage.
- DP Leadership - Sebaana grooms Lukwago
- Town Clerk bans Petrol stations in Jinja
- UPDF Evicts Balaalo from Murchison falls Park
Monday, 28 April 2008
There was drama at All Saints Cathedral Nakasero altar on Saturday when one woman by the name of Rose Mirembe stormed the church with a court injunction and stopped the Bishop, Jackson Matovu from marrying Samson Gita Kasirye & Jane Nakubulwa. The Bishop was left with no choice but to retire to his office as the other woman maintained that, it would be wrong to engage the two even after presenting the court injunction. The Bishop later summoned the parties and asked them to go home and solve the matter amicably.
- Hillary Dickens Muhangi a Kampala teacher was Murdered in Cold Blood
- Security Chiefs sign Kony Arrest Warrant
- Kyambogo varsity council dissolved.
- Museveni vows to crush Kony
Friday, 25 April 2008
Investigations in the Budo fire probe have hit a dead end and are on the verge of a collapse unless the police come up with a clue very soon. Its two weeks now and police have not yet arrested any suspects. The Matron and four others were remanded to Luzira prison on charges not related to the burning of the dormitory.
- 800 Bugolobi flats residents resist eviction
- MPs Okumu, Njuba, Kamya plan to quit FDC
- Juliana & Kyagulanyi for VIGA Awards
- Kirk Franklin show postponed to 22 and 24 May, 2008
- Asher Marlon dedicates track to Kenya after visiting Africa in 2007
- Radio Unleashes Zuena Controversial song
Thursday, 24 April 2008
The latest from the LRA camp is that 27 of Kony's body guards were killed in a fierce shoot out. Credible sources add that Kony could have been injured seriously in the process. Kony could not be available for the peace signing as he was busy nursing wounds, but this was kept a secret not to demoralize the soldiers. Odhiambo was killed because he was aiming at finishing off Kony in the shoot out that left 27 Kony's body guards dead.
- MPs who took CHOGM Bribes named & Shamed
- Budo Junior Matron, Guards sent to Luzira
- I was missing Parliament - Kadaga
- Akon Chopper Unearthed
- 53 & still Growing Strong - Kabaka celebrates Birthday in style.
Wednesday, 23 April 2008
Detectives investigating the fire that gutted three dormitories in Budo Junior School have received a series of death threats on their cell phones. The culprits have actually injected in a lot of money to sabotage all efforts of bringing them to book. The President has had to send in his own team of investigators as a result of the threats.
- Mufti Mubajje, Basajja to answer Fraud Charges
- Aggrey Awori wanted over Ugx 8m food debt
- Gaetano's Zone 7 set for Rwanda
Get your self today's version of the Red Pepper and read about how experts calculate Diane's shaftability index.
Monday, 21 April 2008
Detectives have discovered that Damalie Basirika, 53, the Matron of Budo Junior School dormitory which caught fire was somewhere having a steamy affair. She was also not with the husband. According to residents, she is a self proclaimed born-again Christian. On noticing what had happened to the dormitory in her absence she collapsed. Police could not hesitate arresting her when she resumed.
- FDC Lose MUBS Guild Polls, vow to strike
- Passengers to sue UTODA over driver's strike
- Kony can be captured and located by phone tapping
- Semakula tipped for VP
- Police chief kills wife over sex.
- Mesach Postpones wedding
Saturday, 19 April 2008
Security investigating the Monday fire that left 19 pupils dead have embarked on a clue linking the tragedy to the ongoing land controversy. Security highly suspects that a radical anti Museveni group could have targeted the school which is heavily linked to the Kabakaship to dent the President's image among the Baganda, and yet the image has been strained by the ongoing land bill issues.
- Halima Namakula's daughter, Racheal K is choking with retakes at KIU
- Uganda's Tusker Fame Contestants Unveiled
Esther Nabaasa, Naava Asha Zziwa, Nsaali Jacob, Winfrey Nanyonjo, Stephen Oundo.
Friday, 18 April 2008
Okot Odhiambo, Kony's deputy was killed last week. Odhiambo had succeeded Otti who was also executed last year. According to the Gulu Resident Commissioner, Walter Ochora told journalists that in the last gunfire exchange between the LRA groups included Otti's son.
- Dr.Crispus Kiyonga & his wife will join other 36 couples in a mass wedding at St.Phillips Church in Kasese.
- Chameleon wedding date set - 26 of this month at Speke Resort Munyonyo
- Why Zawedde fell out with Manager: The fued is not just about money, but the other Woman!
Wednesday, 16 April 2008
Budo Junior School was set ablaze by arsonists leading to death of 30 school pupils. Police has already swung in action and it has three lead suspects namely: disgruntled workers, political saboteurs and terrorists, and rival schools.
BJS is one of the most prominent primary schools in the country and it could easily attract rivals who could conspire to destroy it as it has always happened between rival schools. Meanwhile Police is using DNA testing to identify the victims.
- Ziggy Dee in Suicide Sadness - Ziggy Dee has contracted an ugly skin condition and all he does these days is to hallucinate about death. The lyrics he compiles are about life and death. It is alleged his state of mind changed after an overdose of the weed.
- Ex-Obsessions Hellen, Brenda set for Duo
- Master Blaster Blacks out put on a drip to gain consciousness.
Tuesday, 15 April 2008
It was reported yesterday that Kony had killed his deputy. Odhiambo was killed with 8 others who happened to be his wives. Kony killed Odhiambo's wives and chopped off their private parts. The misunderstandings between Kony and Odhiambo were sparked off by a young woman barely in her twenties whom Kony had earmarked for himself. The young woman preferred Odhiambo and were always seen together something Kony interpreted as an act of ultimate insubordination.
- Ex-MP Pinto knocked by his own car
- 200 Fake Driving Permits confiscated
- Traffic Police impounds 120 motorcycles
- Kyabazinga Muloki hospitalized in Italy
- Mwine back for Miss Uganda
- Northern Bypass to Open this Month
Monday, 14 April 2008
LRA leader has slaughtered his deputy after disagreements over commitment to the peace deal that was not signed on Thursday.
Kony in trouble as M7 Returns
The big man is back from India and he is disgusted with Kony's silly and endless monkey tricks. The President gave peace talks a chance, billions have been spent and Kony has still failed to sign. We are cleaning our machines, intensifying our intelligence network and monitoring his moves closely. Strike preparations are completed and we are waiting for a whistle should he fail to pen his signature on the agreement"
- Zawedde Sacks Manager
- Bebe Banned from Celtel shows again
- Ragga Dee takes over Dizzy Nuts
- Tinyefuza buys Nyakana's Posh Escalade
Friday, 11 April 2008
The LRA Leader, Joseph Kony has lived to his earlier conditions and refused to sign a pact with the Uganda Government. Kony was expected to come out of hiding to sign the deal in a ceremony at a camp in the jungle town of Ri-Kwangba in southern Sudan.
- No more Amin's -Museveni assures Investors
- 150,000 for Kirk Concert
- Fans Taunt Desire over Retake - Desire Luzinda was pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Economics but due to the so many retakes she was axed. However drunken fans at one of the shows taunted her for failing to complete the course.
- Top Ten Sexiest Celebrity Moms
- Sylvia Namugenyi
- Grace Nakimera
- Iryn Namubiru
- Aisha kyomuhangi
- Sylvia Owori
- Emily Mwebaze
- Juliana Kanyomozi
- Zuena Kirema
- Desire Luzinda
- Angela Kalule
Thursday, 10 April 2008
Joseph Kony the Lords Resistance Army leader has finally agreed to sign a comprehensive peace agreement with the Uganda Government today..
- M7, Janet Disagree on New Entebbe State House
- US Optimistic on Kenya Deal
- Global ICT Conference opens at Makerere
- Mulaasi blasts Jose Chameleone over dress code.
Wednesday, 09 April 2008
On his recent visit to Kampala, the Libyan President Col.Muammar Gadaffi visited the Buganda kingdom and while there he invited the Kabaka of Buganda together with all the ministers to visit Libya. A memorandum of understanding on trade and business was signed in which Gadaffi intends to release US$ 20Million for the redevelopment of Kabaka's vast palace at Lubiri. If all this is successful shopping malls and factories could be set in this idle land.
- Most wanted Kampala robbers netted
- Kazini Appeal for April 27th
- Barclays' Systems continue Failing
Monday, 07 April 2008
Ugandan Deportees complain of foul play by the British security attached to fly them home, citing dreadful human rights abuse against them.
One victim was picked from his home in South East London to a van and eventually to a plane by three well built guards. ''They were hitting me with their elbows in my chest.I was going through a lot of pain. I started urinating in my trousers when they refused to stop".
Another victim was injected with drugs to stop her from attracting the attention of passengers in the plane which flew her to Entebbe.
The British High Commission in Kampala was contacted on the same and they referred Red Pepper to the Home Office in the UK. Two officials from the press office of the home office were contacted and both said :''This matter is not relevant to us".
Saturday, 05 April 2008
The man believed to have killed Devang Rawal of Indian origin during the Mabira demonstrations last year is dead.
Williams Kasirye a Uganda Peoples Congress (UPC) diehard supporter was stabbed to death two days back by unknown assailants as he came from a bar. Apparently he had gone to watch a match between Arsenal and Liverpool. He was attacked by two assailants on his way home who stabbed him several times in the chest. Kasirye died on his way to hospital.
It is alleged Kasirye was one of the organizers of the Mabira demonstration which will be marking a year this month.
- Opposition agrees on Kampala take over
Friday, 04 April 2008
The LRA Leader has set five conditions before he can put pen to paper for the final peace agreement. ''I will not sign any peace deal until the following have been resolved" According to analysts the demands may be impossible to meet. Of the five fresh demands one of them is to have the military pact between SPLA and UPDF dissolved.
- Christ the King Priest in Sex Scandal
- Police records big decrease in crime
- Rwanda lifts ban on Ugandan Eggs
- Binaisa son arrested over illegal Detention
- Miss Uganda in tears as Prize car is whisked away. In the past the winners used to stay with prize cars but this time round a winner stays with a car for the period she holds the title and her term is coming to an end. They had a number of charitable ventures but none of them have come to materialize something that has left her very low.
- 2 Face for Silk Street Jam- The 10th Silk Street Jam will take place on the 26.Apr.2008 and 2Face is being flown into the country courtesy of Silk management and Vodka.
Wednesday, 02 April 2008
The signing of a peace deal between Government and the Lord's Resistance Army hangs in balance, after it was announced that Kony will not append his signature to the deal on Apr.3rd
- Sex workers defy Gov't conduct Historic meeting.
- Museveni in Laws, Lands officials named in Kampala Land Grabbing
- AIDS/HIV Victims forced out of UPDF
- Mabikke's wife arrested over debts
- DJ Erycom invades Abdu Mulaasi's farm.