Highlights and Lead Stories from the Red Pepper Uganda's first Tabloid.
Sunday, 30 March 2008
MTN Unleashes 500 Airtime Cards
Traitor- Kony Abducts 150 as UPDF Deploys on Sudan Border
- Why Col. Gadaffi Fled Kampala - Details on the unceremonious departure of Libyan Leader from Uganda have emerged. Gadaffi left a very angry man after clashing with Presidents Y.K. Museveni and Paul Kagame of Rwanda. Gadaffi was on a state visit to Uganda after 7 years, during which he closed the Afro-Arab conference & opened a grand mosque. In a meeting at Charles Mbiire's residence, the Libyan leader asked the President's present to reconsider the issue of the African Union presidency which President Thabo Mbeki of South Africa is against. In that meeting he actually asked the leaders to consider him the president of the African Union. This was not supported particularly by President Museveni of Uganda and Paul Kagame something that did not ogur well with Libyan leader. At this moment he was gesturing in Arabic and yet there was no session of this kind that had been planned for. Gadaffi could not hide his anger for long, after a session in Arabic he stormed out of the dinner he had hosted. The following morning he was slated to go to Katonga but the airport staff were surprised to see his three-plane fleet get ready for him to leave with no one to see him off.
Friday, 28 March 2008
- Kazini beat up a civilian on Mar.05 and in one of the dailies e was proud of it. The historic army command chaired by Amama Mbabazi summoned him he retaliated with a strongly worded letter copied to the President resigning from the army and actually refused to meet the high command.
- Abusing the President, Army while in bars
- Government attacks while at Funerals
- Congo Mess
- Maintaining an army within an army
- Beating up civilians
- The Shs 1Bn Swindle
- Sax Pub to relocate to Constitutional Square
- KCI abandons Jojo to spend a night with Blu*3's Mya. Mya replaced Cindy.
- Why Ugandans prefer Dusty-Hide outs to posh bars-Cheap Drinks and Grabs, Kimansulo Karaoke, Friendly generous waitresses & cheap night workers,
- WBS Nabiryo desperate for baby after her wedding six years ago.
- Old Fox terribly ill
Wednesday, 26 March 2008
The President is now chauffeured in a convoy of over 20 green land cruiser trucks which are posh, fast and amoured. In the trucks you find well dressed PGB guards. Mambas, torpedoes, and APCs are no longer at the revolutionary's rear. Meanwhile drivers working for State house and President's office are to be fired allegedly for stealing fuel. Vehicles entitled to over 15 litres a day normally get 5 a day leading to embarrassment in some instances.
- UBC Targets East Africa
- MIDCOM welcomes Telecom growth
- K-Ci & Jojo put up a consolation show at Club Rouge on Easter Sunday.
Monday, 24 March 2008
Celebrated veteran UBC news anchor is in coma after his second operation. Bale Francis has been ill for sometime now. Since Friday he has not been talking and your prayers are needed. He is suffering from inguinal hernia of which he has to be operated on to save his life.
- PGB Nursing Gadaffi wounds - President Museveni's bodyguards are seriously nursing wounds after receiving heavy punches from Gadaffi's guards who assumed duties during the opening of Kampala mosque.
- Dorothy Bukirwa outs new single titled ''Kangende'' Let me go on !
Monday, 24 March 2008
The latest from population secretariat indicate that 300,000 girls abort and over 1,000 die trying to abort. This also points at other dangers associated with unwanted pregnancies particularly AIDS.
- Miss Uganda suffers a Miscarriage - Praise Asiimwe got a miscarriage a few weeks ago and she is still heart broken. A businessman who owns a micro finance company in Najjanakumbi was so excited with the prospects of having a baby with a former beauty queen.
- Bobi Wine, Chameleon & Bebe cool if all goes well could bury their hatchet and form a collaboration.
- Cindy of Blu*3 who left the group has enrolled for classes with a professional vocalist probably to start her solo career.
Saturday, 22 March 2008
The staff at Entebbe Airport witnessed free drama as the Libyan delegation that was in charge of Col. Muammar Gadaffi's security became unruly. The staff at Entebbe Airport were shocked to see that people who had come to open a mosque could end up buying all the Uganda Waragi that was in the duty free shops at the airport. Uganda Waragi is a bit strong that actually some two were involved in a shoot out which luckily enough did not hurt any but the pilot could not proceed with the journey fearing that something worse could happen with the drunken men on board. They were to take off on Thursday but the trip was put on hold until the following day for the men to sober up.
- Gov't blocks EA Sex workers conference.
- Rwandan Student arrested in Kampala for spying on behalf of his country, released after a week on a cash bond of 500,000/-
- A Ugandan business man has been shot dead in Trans-Zoia province of Kenya.
Friday, 21 March 2008
Uganda Revenue Authority has issued a stern warning to people who have never registered cars that bear foreign registration plates. The Law enforcement officer, Lt.Patrick Mwesigye briefed the press that beginning next month all cars with such number plates will be impounded
- M7's Kisanja meetings kick off in Busoga region next week
- Mukula searched by force at Rouge - Former State Minister for health Capt. Mike Mukula in the company of two babes was searched by the club rouge's bouncers. He came and passed by the security guys only to call him back. He introduced himself as Capt. Mike Mukula but these guys were not bothered. At the ticket office he pulled out two notes of 50K of which he was entitled to a balance of 25k but he told the cashier to keep the change just to let them know that cash was not his problem.
- Seya builds a 700Mn mansion in Mutundwe
- Akon to perform live in Uganda on 26.Apr.2008
- NEMA frustrated on Kavera law - No legal frame work to arrest Kavera culprits.
Wednesday, 19 March 2008
The FDC President has flown to Europe under unclear circumstances raising possibilities that he could have left for medical treatment. Dr.Kizza Besigye traveled over the weekend
- M7 says Kabaka, Omukama are Luo according to history.
- Pader women to strip naked over killings
- Gaddaffi frenzy hits Kampala
Tuesday, 18 March 2008
The hot RNB Duo Kci & Jojo are in town for the Easter Concert that will be held at Kati Kati on the 23.Feb.2008. With tickets which are sold out already the only chance to gig with the stars is tonight at their VIP party at Club Rouge where they will be showcasing some of their music.
- Bobi Wine's Barbie 7 months pregnant
- Bebe Cool buys land in Kiwatule where he will construct a building that no other celeb in Uganda has.
Monday, 17 March 2008
Isaac Mulindwa the director of PAM Awards has kept a low profile but busy constructing 20 palatial houses which are ready to be used.The project is estimated at well over $1Million. On completion of the project Mulindwa has said he will buy a car of his dreams which has not yet hit Kampala streets.
- Libya's Gaddaffi in Kampala
- Katwe Police Station nets University Student - A makerere university student who dupes men with love before robbing them of their money and valuables was arrested and she confessed that she has been at it for some time now.
Friday, 14 March 2008
Sarah Zawedde is among the artists who are flying to UK on Wednesday for the Easter festivals organized by Yunus Ssengo in a concert dubbed battle of old & new skool in east London at his famous Club 19a. She sent an sms to a friend that read "Munnange Ebitaala bintande ng'enda kulinnya bbati, Era Easter Kuluuno ngilira London" translated as my friend luck is on my side this time round because I'm getting on a plane and as it that is not enough I will have my easter in London.
Thursday, 13 March 2008
The nation was in shock after learning that the drug extensively used in health center leads to infection with HIV/AIDS. The factor 9 drug which is administered to those that have suffered heavy bleeding and other cases where a lot of blood has been lost is believed to have the HIV factor aid or factored. This drug was on sale in the USA but later banned after attorneys proved its link to the HIV virus and AIDS. The same drug is still on sale under different brands in countries like France, Spain, Japan & Uganda inclusive.
- CCTV Images lead police to thugs who killed the Pakistani car dealer and one of the suspects an accountant with Hamza motors died of shock.
- Dizzy Nuts attacks Bebe Cool - He rang Bebe Cool congratulating him on his accolades during the last Pam Awards but Bebe simply hung up on him. Dizzy has released a ten track album that he says will sweep Bebe Cool off the music map.
Wednesday, 12 March 2008
The LRA leader has demanded to meet the local leaders in Northern Uganda before he appends his signature on the final peace agreement later this month.
- Pakistani Tycoon Qaisal Iqbal clobbered to Death by a gang of two.
- Oulanyah snubs Masembe - Charles Masembe had thought or taking on Oulanyah after loosing his Capital FM job but the comedian told him off saying he could not turn up to a 100% luganda radio station.Oulanya is also not very good at the Luganda language but Masembe felt he could be a good presenter for the luganda based station , Suubi FM.
- DJ Michael, Chameleon fight on - Chameleon quit Cherries bar in Kabalagala where he has been performing for the last 2 years because the owner of the bar could not stop Dj Michael from holding his theme nights that do take place on Wednesday's. DJ Michael's night was attracting more patrons to the extent of him being appointed the resident manager. Dj Michael has gone ahead to invite Bobi Wine and his Fore Base Crew for a performance. Bebe Cool was also invited to perform but he demanded that all Chameleon's posters be removed and management indeed obliged.
Tuesday, 11 March 2008
Club Rouge was the place to be during the International Women's day celebrations. Blu*3 were performing and indeed the girls were three but this time round not with Cinderella but with Edith Baganda aka Mya.
In most of the tracks where Cindy's name appeared it was being replaced by Mya though of course the two are not rhyming names so in a way it was not well coordinated but at least that was to officially usher Mya into the group and a confirmation that Cindy is no longer with the group.
- UBC's Tuwangye replaces Oulanya at Capital FM.
- Dizzynuts Deported from UK and Bobi Wine is contemplating on replacing Chagga who quit Fire Base Crew
- Top Kampala Single Babes
Karitas Karisimbi, Lilian Mbabazi of Blu*3, Salma Nassanga, Juliana Kanyomozi, Susan Owori, Sheila Nvanungi, Cleopatra Koheirwe, Aisha Alibhai.
Friday, 07 March 2008
Market Saga- Col.John Mugyenyi owner of Rhino Investments that was involved in the Kisekka market riots last month has now turned to Bugolobi market. However the vendors resisted a group of agents from Rhino Investments who had gone to the sight to carry out evictions. A local meeting was convened by the area Chairman and they agreed on forwarding the matter to higher authorities including the President.
- Cindy rumored 3 months pregnant. Snoops say that while in Italy she is moody, spitting all the time and at times on hunt for raw mangoes. The Big question is Can BLU 2 Be a reality? Early in the week Lillian and Jackie were almost flexing over Nameless at Club Rouge. Cindy left a month back to join her long time boy friend, Mario and by July this year its likely that she could have delivered.
Wednesday, 05 March 2008
The legal team representing the LRA traveled to the Hague to negotiate for the removal of the arrest warrants for Kony and others but this was met with a statement from the ICC's prosecutor who said he will not meet the rebels who want him to lift indictments against them. The LRA were pursuing this move before they sign the final agreement.
- Rubaga Division LC III Chairperson, Winnie Makumbi collapses to Death in Bathroom.
- Besigye calls for armed rebellion on one FM Station in Arua early this month
- Lakwena's Dad Released.
- Chameleon settles for ML 350 though he cruises it with no number plates. Word doing rounds is that he is yet to customize it with a word not yet divulged to anyone.
Sunday, 02 March 2008
Could Bobi Wine have finally won it with his New Cadillac!
The two heavy weights on the local music scene, Bobi & Chameleon are at it again on who is who when it comes to Women, Houses, Animals and Cars as the March 02 Sunday Pepper gossip review breaks it down.
Women - Bobi Wine went for his introduction in Ntungamo and paid a total money equivalent of about 20Million and when it was Chameleon's turn for the same he parted with a cool 50 Million for his introduction to Daniella.
Houses - Chameleon built a mansion in Kajjansi and Bobi Wine retaliated with a 400 Million house
Animals - Chameleon had a horse which he lost to Uganda Wildlife but on Bobi's side as regards animals he had five exotic dogs.
Cars - Who Drives what Car?
Chameleon had a Mercedes Benz and a BMW X3 series Bobi Contained it with a Honda Convertible.
Chameleon went for a Land Cruiser which he scribbled Leone Island Bobi went for a Land Cruiser & he scribbled 100% Bad News.
Chameleon added a Delica to his fleet of vehicles and recently on Valentine's day he added a Mercedes Benz 350 ML showing the ''Kiwani'' boy the benefits of Okupakasa.
Bobi Wine first acquired a Coaster bus which he called 'War Bus' but to prove that he is indeed a President he has unleashed a monster car, Cadillac Escalade.
>>> More of the Sunday News
Saturday, 01 March 2008
This is indeed shocking news ! Comedian James Okoth aka Oulanya Columbus has been fired from Capital Radio apparently for failing to reform. Oulanya has been warned on several occasions to regulate on his drunkenness which resulted in his getting to the work place late and at times not showing up at all. It is one of the toughest decisions Capital fm had to make now that Oulanya commands big listeners.
- Blu* 3 Clash over Nameless - There was drama at Club Rouge on Wednesday when Jackie and Lillian of Blu 3 were fighting for the attention of popular Kenyan singer, Nameless. Jackie portable as she is applied a rear dance stroke on Nameless while seated something that did not amuse Lillian. They quarreled over it and almost went for each other's necks. They later cooled but did not exchange a word there after.
Time to Go
When Nameless was done he instead left with a different girl altogether. Blu 3 is on the verge of splitting as the girls want t pursue solo careers.