Highlights and Lead Stories from the Red Pepper Uganda's first Tabloid.
Monday, 31 December 2007
The President has dispatched his brother Gen. Salim Saleh to Mbarara to coordinate field intelligence following reports that the civilian intelligence network among the NRM cadres had collapsed due to frustrations. His deployment in Mbarara follows credible new threats of of an imminent attack by the ADF rebels in the town and the barracks at Makenke.
- Violence Breaks as Kibaki is named Winner in Kenya
- City Celeb Seiko runs out of cash
- Parliament to shrink to 186 MPs from the current 300.
- Akon chops Kenya show over Elections - The Senegalese born singer chickened out due to the current violence in Nairobi. The fans are baying for the promoters blood after suspecting he won't show up.
- Chagga wants to rejoin Chameleon - He split with Chameleon bitterly to Join Bobi Wine. He however feels his music has received a bitter blow due to this move and he is now on his knees to get back with Chameleon. Chagga was the ''Prime Minsiter'' of Uganja before being fired by Bobi Wine. He was replaced by fast rising singer Nubian Lee.
Sunday, 30 December 2007
Intelligence reports emerging indicate that the Besigye Death story was concocted and circulated by the American chapter of FDC. It all started when Besigye landed in America and went straight to the residence of his wife in New York & switched off all the communication to his party faithful & friends. The American chapter converged under the leadership of Anne Mugisha & Shaka Ssali of Voice of America. The meeting was in response to earlier reports in the Red Pepper that Besigye's wife Winnie had ordered him out of politics in order to concentrate on looking after his health. This is when the American chapter swung into action with its rumour because this could pull Besigye out of the confinement the wife had put him into because he had to rebut the claims. The same rumour was to keep the Eastern /Northern alliance within the FDC in disarray and abandon their plans of replacing Besigye with Morris Ogenga Latigo ahead of the 2011 elections.
Saturday, 29 December 2007
Several Ministers set to loose Jobs as President Plans to Merge key Ministries, Knife the redundant.
- Kibaki Trails in Kenya Elections
- Osama's men killed Bhutto
- Odinga Leads as VP Awori, Wangari Maathai & several Ministers loose House seats
- Kyabazinga spends Christmas on Drip
- Volts Hussein Buys 400M wheels -When we say that some people have ''their'' money we mean it like is the case for Club Volts proprietor Hussein Bohait. He has bought two state of art vehicles that cost over 400 million. One is a Range Rover sports TD6 which is the third in the country with VOLTS 2 number plates and the other is a merc SLK convertible personalized as VOLTS 3.
- MTN Pumps 141 Million in Chameleon Launch - As we enter the year 2008 Jose would be one of the lucky guys as he received 141 Million from MTN for the launch of his Music album dubbed "Heavy Weight Katupakase Launch" slated for the 11, 12 & 13 of January 2008.
- DJ Shiru to sue Ragga Dee
Friday, 28 December 2007
The FDC Party President Dr.Kizza Besigye has confirmed that he is undergoing medical treatment in the United States of America.The confirmation was made as he was refuting claims that he was dead.
- The Last Breath - Benazir Bhutto Killed at Rally
- 8 Perish in accidents during Xmas
- RS Elvis chops dreadlocks to walk down the aisle
- Dancer Roge hooks old Muzungu
- Best of the year 2007 - Stars fell in Uganda. International Heavy weights like Manchester united Striker Rio Ferdinand, Kevin Lyttle, Marlon Usher, Nwanku Kanu, Creflo Dollar, & Benny Hinn came to Uganda in the year 2007. CHOGM brought in the Queen of England, Prince Charles and wife Camilla that in the process slum dwellers in Kawempe will soon see an International Department store that will be officiated by Prince Charles the moment its completed.
- Bebe Cool's Hummer to bear ''MUNENE'' number plates. While other Musicians are busy building mansions, Bebe Cool is dreaming of adding a Hummer to his fleet of vehicles. Munene is the title of the album to be launched in the year 2008. He was heard saying "Abalala beyita ba President naye nja kubalyawo ne Munene ne Hummer yange" I will wipe them off the scene with my Hummer and Munene album.
Monday, 24 December 2007
State House is disarray after discovering that all digital communications of President Museveni are monitored and recorded by American Spy agencies. From highly placed security sources the Ugandan security is aware of the fact that United States through its security agency CIA has been tapping Museveni's phones & internet communications let alone listening to all his conversations.
- Diplomats Confirm Otti's murder
- Kony to be arrested before end of Juba Talks
- Hawkers sent off the streets
- Blair Converts to Catholicism
- Mengo could Loose Land Battle
- PAM Award Winners not Paid - Pearl of Africa Music Award regional & upcoming artistes are crying foul and gunning to sue the organizers for denying them their money.
- Obessessions Remmy stranded with Bichupuli- Former Male Dancer of Obsessions, Remmy Lubega went to Jamil's Boutique for shopping and picked items worth 400.000/- and on pulling out the money it was discovered that they were fake notes. It is however not clear whether he was aware or was also conned.
This Christmas -The Red Pepper Takes a Break
This is to inform our esteemed readers & business partners that the Red Pepper shall not be on the streets from 25.Dec.2007 to 27.Dec.2007. The Red Pepper will be Back on 28.Dec.2007.
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
Friday, 21 December 2007
Intelligence discover big plot by Rebels to Reign Terror during Festive season and Jinja, Mbarara are top on the list.
- CHOGM Transporters now demand Ugx 3Bn from Government
- Museveni mourns LRA Rebel Otti
- Police Launches toll free line for corruption offences - 0800200019
- Ghosts kill 4 Bafele, Hunt for Kandahar Vendors - Apparently these guys conned a Tanzanian man of US$ 8M and promised him that it will double in six months to over $20Mn in under six months. Idd day celebrations in Busia turned to grief as all the dead were of the Islamic faith. In a related incident Gordon Wavamuno was conned of Ugx 2.5Million from two men who disguised themselves as municipality officials demanding for property tax.
- Ragga Dee Bounced at Club Silk - He had been invited but when he went out briefly to attend to a phone call he was bounced by a female bouncer as he tried to come back. Ragga called the bosses who immediately rushed to his rescue. The bouncer is supposed to be penalized for failing to recognize Ragga Dee.
Thursday, 20 December 2007
Zuma has 30 children from more than 10 women
- Court to hear Kabaka's land case in February
- MPs Rush to explain absence in house
- Col Nasur is dead
- M7 Finally meets LRA Peace team
- Akon coming with Brick & Lace Group
- Amon Lukwago's mother wanted for gun possession
- Chameleon set to walk Daniela down the Aisle
Monday, 17 December 2007
The FDC President is sick in the United States of America.He left Uganda on the 2.Dec.2007 for United Kingdom for a meeting with FDC supporters & leaders to lay strategies for the 2011 presidential elections. While there he developed serious general body weakness and shifted to the US where he is undergoing serious medication in the US under the care of his wife, Winnie Byanyima.
- Speed up Muhwezi re arrest, UN Tells M7
- Police deploys for Christmas
- Selfish Besigye Dodges Katuntu in Bugweri
- Miss Uganda Heartbroken -Monica Kasiime Kasyate, the reigning Miss Uganda who is a second year Industrial Art Student at Makerere University opted for a dead year so that she could participate in the just concluded Miss World only to be eliminated in the preliminary stages. " I did not benefit anything from the venture I regret applying for a dead year. It wasn't worth it".
- Jose Chamili joins Movie Bandwagon
- The Best Presents you can buy ur babe this X-Mas
(Wine Bottle, Lingerie, A book, Engraved ipod, Surprise reunion, Jewelry)
- Juliana - 2007 Sexiest Babe
Monday, 17 December 2007
President Okays move to re arrest former health Minister's Jim Muhwezi and his two Juniors Mike Mukula & Dr.Alex Kamugisha.Global Fund starts to bite.
- Kony on Mission to exterminate Acholi tribe
- UPDF to send second contingent to Somalia before end of year
- 800 Girls defiled in West Nile in just Eleven Months
- Strike Looms as pants are banned at UCU, Mukono
- ''KK Ayenda Kufiira Muntebe, Muzeyi atuleke iffe tulonde Omuntu gwe twenda''. KK is the acronym for Kirunda Kivenjinja and the Kisoga quote above was made by various Basoga who were wondering whether KK was struggling to die in the parliamentary seat.
Saturday, 15 December 2007
Museveni furious as NRM men back Katuntu's FDC
Speaker Kadaga's Camp accused of giving Katuntu Ugx 30 Million for Elections
Kivenjinja's loss came as surprise to many.KK, 73 as he is popularly known lost the Bugweri seat in Abdu Katuntu 42 in a highly charged but generally peaceful by elections. Katuntu polled 14,704 votes which was 50.8% of the overall vote and KK polled 12,829 which was 44.3%. Godfrey Nabbongo of UBOS came third followed by Kalamawo & Nabeta. So he lost due to the NRM missing link, The NRM inter Rivalry,
- Ragga Dee gets free booze for his wedding from Nile Breweries
- Bebe Cool's Bafudde Blacks Out - When he went to the US he promised to come back with a Hummer but he is back and he has no Hummer and the Baffude Range Rover has a mechanical problem & sadly it might never come back on the road.It was spotted being towed to Bebe Cool's home in Kiwatule & not the garage either due to lack of cash or the problem is too serious that it might never be repaired
Friday, 14 December 2007
The President recently met with members of parliament who sit on the committee for Presidential & foreign affairs and pleaded with them to support a proposal for buying him a new jet.He currently has a gulf stream iv and it should be replaced with a gulfstream v. However the gulfstream iv has just been from a complete overhaul in the US so why then would he need a new plane which will cots tax payers money to the tune of 60Bn. Red Pepper is reliably informed that the President was briefed about some negative forces in the region who are likely to have tampered with the jet that in the process it makes several landings for refueling before its final destination.
- Ugandan Guard killed in IRAQ
- Ebola death toll at 33
- MWENDA Paper sabotaged- The first issue of the Independent, Andrew Mwenda's newspaper which was supposed to hit the streets today has been sabotaged.
- Woman gives birth to quadruplets
- Top Celtel Personnel in steamy affair
- Philly Bongoley Lutaaya Tribute Album.
- DJ Erycom to join Sugar Mummy in US
Thursday, 13 December 2007
Cash Strapped AYA who were donated the UBC land which is in a prime area in Nakasero have shifted the burden of developing to a five star hotel to a South African based Bank.
The South Africa based Industrial Bank has taken over the development of the project and the land for a cool Shs 80Bn.
- UBC Boss held over 12Bn Scam – Godfrey John Luggya the UBC Operations Manager was arrested by the Public Accounts Committee yesterday for failing to convince the committee on how Welle Trade Services (WTS) a UK firm to upgrade UTV to UBC.
- Bugweri Polls for Today, Sabiiti, Kazoora Arrested
- Ebola Death Toll now at 32
- NRM in crisis over M7’s 4th Term NRM Party strategists have embarked on strategies that are to ensure that President Museveni can stay in power beyond 2011.
- Barclays Premiership Trophy arrival cancelled- Barclays Bank released a statement confirming the cancellation citing the result of an outbreak of Ebola disease in Uganda. However contrary to that, the organizers who are all top sports personalities swindled the money & one of them is in Tanzania laughing it off in his armpits.
- Loud Music banned at Rhino Pub. Sorry guys who used to love it loud.
- Halima survives Jail – Court Brokers attacked Halima yesterday.
Wednesday, 12 December 2007
Winnie Byanyima, the wife of Opposition leader Dr.Kizza Besigye received Ugx 70 Million from state house to relocate offices. Sources from opposition were shocked to discover that Winnie was in very close contact with State House.
- Ready for WAR-Kony abandons Peace Talks and has announced he is ready to launch fresh attacks on the government of Uganda
- Brick and Lace coming to Uganda - Jamaican sensational siblings who are hitting all airwaves with their debut hit 'love is wicked' are coming to Uganda. If all goes well they will jet in on the 27.Dec.2007 & 01.Jan2008 will be their first show at Hotel Africana of which the damage to VIPs will be 50,000 and the general happiness 25,000. Us Based Promoter Suudi Lukwago is behind this in partnership with Mark Ziwa of Majo enterprises.
- Bebe Cool n Bobi Wine Bounced @ Kevin Lyttle's show. After the flop of Kevin Lyttle's show in Entebbe Bebe Cool and Bobi wine were called in to rescue the situation but to their surprise they were denied entry . The left the place cursing the Sleek Promotions and swore never to 'burn dem down'
- UACE Exams harass Muzaata - Despite being a very fearless man, Sheikh Nuhu Muzaata who has also been leading the anti Mubaje crusade on several radio stations has lately not been having a good time with S.6 exams which he completed only last week.
- Henry Tigan buys car
- Mai's hubby off for Hijja - Ali Sebagala a prominent lawyer in Kampala who married former city party girl Mai Mbatudde after the dust which had been raised when Mai dumped the prominent army captain in a tight bicker break up, has decided to fulfill the fifth pillar of Islam by traveling to Mecca for the holy pilgrimage.
Tuesday, 11 December 2007
More details are coming out on the impeding cabinet reshuffle.This time round appointments are going to be on merit, professionalism & performance.Much as regional balance won't apply this time, the post of Vice President will be reserved for a person from Buganda. The latest is that there are three nominees for the post i.e. Prof G.Bukenya, Prof Semakula, Mrs Maria Mutagamba.
Ministers - Maj Gen Kahinda Otafire is tipped to replace Amama Mbabazi of Security, Gen Aronda Nyakairima could replace Crispus Kiyonga of Defence. Nobert Mao is tipped to become Minister of Local Gov't. Keith Muhakanizi to become Minister of state for Investment replacing Prof Semakula Kiwanuka. Aggrey Awori is likely to be the Third Deputy Prime Minister.
Meanwhile Ministers who are found to have been involved in the CHOGM cash bonanza will be prosecuted like the former Health Ministers.
- JIK for all travelers from western Uganda-KCC
- LRA Peace Team Arrested
- Kassim Ouma failed to meet Juliana - Kassim sent Juliana $ 20,000 so that she could accept to meet him physically but Juliana rejected the money and instead went to Mbale for a show of 1,000,000 Ugx.
- Kevin Lyttle & Bella get Cozy.
Monday, 10 December 2007
He warned his most senior loyalists that he would not hesitate embarrassing them if caught in dubious corrupt activities.
- Good News- 5 are free from Ebola & 42 others to be confirmed today
- Man of God survives lynching for Adultery
- Bunyoro virgins to be rewarded
- Buganda cabinet rejects 2nd land bill
- Rakai Couples asked to separate Beds over Ebola
- Former KIU Student mounts cow
B.Ogaino is said to have been caught red handed mounting a cow belonging to a resident. Ogaino was covered with cow dung on his chest on being searched after the owner made an alarm.
- Capital FM fires BLU*3's Lillian
- Read about Hyena with an Indian Babe.
Friday, 07 December 2007
Opposition Boss says Besigye is Idle
- Ebola spreading like Wild fire as Congo closes Border, Two cases reported in Kampala & Kanungu, Schools in affected areas ordered to close.
- How NRM could loose Bugweri - Unless something is done NRM's Kirunda Kivenjinja risks losing or winning by a small margin the December 13 Bugweri bye elections.
- SNUBBED ! - Awori out of Samia North NRM Primary Elections
- Sasha Kiwewesi is Pregnant - Former city babe turned preacher's wife, Barbara Sasha is 4 months pregnant.
Thursday, 06 December 2007
LRA Peace Team fears to meet Kony, all the 14 wives have been chased.
Museveni & Kabila disagree on on how to kick out Kony.
The Leader of the blood thirsty rebel force, The Lords Resistance Army, is reported to have run mad last month. This is after Kony ate the intimate parts of his Deputy Vincent Otti. Otti was killed with other 4 commanders and over 40 guards.
- Jomayi hires plane to drop leaflets
- Ebola Attack Residents flee as Ebola strikes Kasese
- Jose Chameleon;s sibling joins singing
- Kasulu imports three Posh cars
- Zawedde hooks her manager
- Medi Nsereko set to quit CBS
Wednesday, 05 December 2007
Grading Shimoni Land for CHOGM Exhibition cost Ugx 6 Billion
ISO Staff fight over CHOGM money
- EBOLA -Government slaps Quarantine on Mbarara & Fort Portal & Kabarole Municipalities.
Avoid Sex, Avoid Gatherings, Minister Otaala warns public.
- Eboola spreading to HOIMA, Kibaale
- Red Cross dispatches team to Bundibugyo over Ebola.
- Crane Bank Clients to shop with Visa
- Mugabe slams Britain after getting EU Invite
- Chris Ireland for Australia & farewell party today @ Club Obligato.
- Orlando buys $ 25,000 Studio Equipment
Tuesday, 04 December 2007
Leader of opposition failing to do his job because of Marital problems.
The Power struggle in the opposition FDC has turned nastier with leaders trading in scandals & exposing dirty linen in public.
- Mysterious-Ebola outbreak was kept secret due to CHOGM
- Shame- Malinga's voters lack Condoms
- Cholera Scare-4 Killed & over 30 hospitalized.
- DJ Erycom hooks US Nkuba Kyeyo
- Teddy Row Teacher Freed from Jail
- Celebrities who could not See 2008 Remembered
Bangi, Omony Ojok, Kifefe, Noble Mayombo, Lucky Dube, Paul Kafeero, Okulo Epak, Wesonga.
- Bangi Memorial Trust Fund set for Friday.
Monday, 03 December 2007
Four days to the arrival of the Queen Elizabeth ll at Entebbe Airport, a man suspected to have links with the infamous worldwide terrorist network Al-Qaeda was arrested in the vicinity of the airport.
- SPCs go on Sex Rampage after CHOGM Cash is paid
- Forgive me, Besigye Begs Kifefe's family
- Vincent Otti could be alive, says Capt. Barigye
Sunday, 02 December 2007
A visiting commonwealth leader survived by a whisker when he refused to take poisoned mineral water at a Ugandan Hotel. President Anote Tong of Kiribati was served with a bottle of Mineral water a few hours before the closure of the summit. The President reached out for the bottle and to his surprise it had been tampered with, he called one of the aides to establish the circumstances . The bottle was withdrawn and taken for examination and their findings had it that the bottle contained a poisonous substance. President Museveni was alerted and he immediately dispatched a team to make a thorough audit of the security teams at all the CHOGM hotels.
- Security blocks Lakwena Revival
- 300 LRA Rebels desert Kony
- Kakooza Mutale back into Campaigns
- Sematimba to buy PLANE
- Maureen injects Ugx 16Million in her Designing.
Saturday, 01 December 2007
Now this was a real shocker. A daring Guard to President Museveni did the unthinkable.
As the Queen was busy opening CHOGM one of the PGB officers was struck by the beauty of the Queen's aide. He shifted roles from guarding the Queen to plotting to bed her Majesty's trusted aide. The officer winked at the Queen's aide who ignored the advances and dashed to her room. The PGB Officer did not stop at that but went an extra mile and called her room number, ordering her to his room for tea. She was certainly not amused and had to communicate the matter to a third party. The Chief of Defence Forces has ordered the arrest of this officer.
- How Kifefe could have been poisoned - Kifefe's body for Rukungiri today and Burial on Sunday
- UBC Bosses in trouble over CHOGM's Shs 100 Million
- Ebola scare escalates
- Prince Charles sets up Supermarket for Street Kids