Highlights and Lead Stories from the Red Pepper Uganda's first Tabloid.
Friday, 30 November 2007
Poison feared in Besigye Brother's Death
Family members suspect Kifeefe could have been poisoned in Luzira
Besigye now blames Government for his own changing skin colour
- 70% of Gov't cars vandalised during CHOGM
- Mega Dee's gal drops tot.
- Ebola strikes Uganda again.
Thursday, 29 November 2007
PGB Paymaster nabbed with Ugx 50 Million CHOGM Cash
4000 SPCs litter Namboole with "Pupu"
ISO Officials spend nights forging figures to account for money
CHOGM Bosses beg Hotel Bosses to inflate vouchers
- Besigye get his passport
- LRA Team locked in hotel over bills
Fashion: Simple, Smart, Sexy - Don't let your limited budget limit your style.
There are quite a few things you can do to keep your look fresh and sexy even when you need to be wise with your wardrobe budget.>>Fashion
Thursday, 29 November 2007
Top Bank in Crisis closes 120,000 Customer Accounts
- Rwanda's Top Intelligence Boss Col. Karegyeya flees to Uganda
- Analysis -M7 Sets his eyes on 4th Term
- E.Africa Bloc Signs Interim Trade agreement with EU
- Sudhir buys Record TV
- BBC Partners with UBC
Monday, 26 November 2007
+ Millions meant to tip most foreign reporters for good stories stolen
+ Many Hotels made losses after no one booked their rooms
+ Uganda flags on display were fake
+ CHOGM delegates mugged looking for sex
+ Police plan strike over non payment
Over Shillings 100 Million meant for facilitating the media went missing during the CHOGM week in the process leading to a general unfriendly coverage by the foreign press
- Katatumba denies CHOGM Transport scam
- CHOGM security gadgets donated to Uganda
- Kivenjinja wanted over CHOGM UBC Mess
- Parents pressurize Oulanya Columbus to marry
- DJ Ronnie starts dating agency
Monday, 26 November 2007
Stolen CHOGM Cash claims first casualties.
+ Mutabazi, Katuramu accused of sabotage over failure to Air Queen's parliament speech.
After Uganda Broadcasting Corporation miserably failed to telecast live H.M Queen Elizabeth ll's speech to parliament on Thursday, a meeting of senior security chiefs has found its board & management guilty of sabotage & sentenced them to sacking.
More CHOGM Scandals emerge.
+ President Kibaki knocked on Entebbe Road.
+ Singing groups stranded in city, Plan riot.
+ Imperial Royale Hotel runs out of water, stinks.
- Kassim Ouma seeing Salma Nassanga on his current visit in Uganda.
- All Permanent secretaries with no MBA's to be sacked-M7.
- SPCs threaten to strike over unpaid salaries.
- Limited ICT Spread fails African Trade.
- Itongwa set to return home.
- Why Mugabe is seeking another term in office.
- DPC Bans Nsenene picking over CHOGM.
- Leave us alone, Zimbabwe tells the Commonwealth.
Sunday, 25 November 2007
Foreign Press ignore CHOGM Completely
Security Cameras in city fail to work
Traders loose Billions as City Shuts Down
Queen fails to endorse our Tourism potential by not visiting Game Parks
- Residents pay heavily to watch Queen
- Boxer Ouma Bonked by Booze
- Mike Mukula donates 100 boxes of Condoms to Makerere University
City's most famous serial DATERS -Strake Mwezi,Qute Kaye, Cinderella SANYU, Juliana KANYOMOZI
Friday, 23 November 2007
LRA Boss in hiding with only 30 loyal men, security optimistic Angry LRA fighters will state coup against Kony any time
- Queen weeps at Lweza Aids Clinic
- Shame as UBC fails to Telecast Queen's speech at Parliament
- Opposition tables 200 cases against Gov't to commonwealth
- Robbers use coffin to transport cash
- Kassim Ouma in Town , Snubs Juliana
- Ragga Dee now aims at International awards and not interested in local Awards
- Chameleon denies diddling fans
Buy the Red Pepper today and read about the girls your mum warned you against but your Dad would love to meet
Thursday, 22 November 2007
Kagame Bodyguard points gun at delegates
In a rare and unnecessary show of force, the bodyguard to Rwanda President Paul Kagame drew a pistol on delegates as they tried to have a photograph with H.E Paul Kagame.This was after New Vision's CEO Robert Kabushenga had proposed a photo session for the President.
Katatumba in row with transporters.
Katatumba safaris managed by Bonny Katatumba's son advertised to the public that they had won a tender to transport delegates during CHOGM. This advert attracted many signups to the tune of 300 transporters & 50 female general service providers. With CHOGM drawing to a close most of these transporters claim they' ve only got Identity Cards less than 3 dollars or 1 Pound fifty.
They paid money for registration to offer their services & the collections are estimated to approximately 50,000,000/- Ugx. Out of the 500, only 16 vehicles were attached to some job and yet all the 16 were belonging to one person. This has left a section of disgruntled fellows out there courtesy of the above arrangement in the Name of CHOGM.
Wednesday, 21 November 2007
Intelligence says LRA Chief has not been seen at his camp for many days
- Queen Arrival time kept top secret
- 8 pages of CHOGM Babes
- Rwanda kicks out Frensh for English
- CHOGM card Craze hits Kampala
- ATM Fraud - Man sues Barclays over Missing Deposits
- Odrek Rwabwogo to wash CHOGM Cars
- CHOGM Forum: Winners & Losers
Tuesday, 20 November 2007
Foreigners nabbed at Statistics house posing as journalists, Deported over security fears
- Why Museveni rejected Bukenya for Mak Chancellorship
- Demonstrators reject Kololo
- Bukenya to stand for Mak Chancellor again
- Aggrey Awori defeats Opponent third time
- Police vows to crack CHOGM criminals
- Oimuke, Strake Get Cosy at Resort Beach
Monday, 19 November 2007
The latest from the leading Tabloid is that members of the parliamentary committees have received bribes from public servants. The committee are about four and they receive the Auditor General's report and take action on AGs findings appropriately. What is happening is that the culprits are giving the MPs bribes to set them free.
- Museveni says Floods won't humiliate Queen
- Acholi MP advised Kony to finish off Vincent Otti
- M7 In-Law to wash CHOGM Vehicles
- MP Kauma survives Shs 24Mn "FAKE Horse Deal "
- Floods block KFM's Bettina
Sunday, 18 November 2007
Fears of Fresh Offensive Rise as LRA Re-arms for phase 4 of the war
- Ugandan detained in UK over terrorism sick of Cancer
- Kibaki in CHOGM Crisis meeting - Two Presidents will not enjoy CHOGM to its fullest and these are Mwai Kibaki of Kenya and Pavez Musharaf for his battling political opposition in his country and Mwai will only attend the summit for a day and dash back to Kenya for presidential nominations for the Dec.27 Presidential Elections. He is facing terrible challenges for Raila Oginga Odinga.
- Fat Boy Releases CHOGM Single
- Akon's show in Balance -American Hip Hop, R&B singer who is set to tour Kenya in December for the promotion of the "one in a Million" Poverty reduction campaign
Friday, 16 November 2007
Frustration & Dejection is reigning in the ground security deployed in and around Kampala ahead of CHOGM in formative stages of a strike." We have not been paid since July" Say Operatives.
- DP Crisis - Kijjambu to replace Lulume
- Rasta Rob MC Sneaks Back in Town - Word has it that he is planning to join Ange Noir to fill the gap left by the Late Bangi.
- 200 NSSF Staff have forged papers
Thursday, 15 November 2007
Contracts of nearly all staff at UTL have been terminated in a major restructuring. Staff have been asked to re apply. The changes started last week which is only a week to CHOGM & this might lead to disruptions in the network from frustrated workers.
- President sets up probe into CHOGM Works
- Teachers plan Demo over unpaid salaries
- Nigerian Comics, Iheme Osita & Ikedieze Chinedu could be coming to Uganda on 12.Dec.2007 if all goes well between Jomayi and Zack Orji.
- Maureen still seeing Makawa.
Wednesday, 14 November 2007
Trained commandoes of the Presidential Guard Brigade have taken over security at Entebbe Airport.Taxis will not be allowed in town, Ggaba Road will be closed to the public during CHOGM peak days, Serena Hotel will be out of bounds.
- UPC Endorses NRM's Kivenjinja
- Besigye to stand in 2011
- CHOGM causes Billboard Rush -Corporate firms are trying to out do themselves to gain better access to the cash that is expected to flow in during the summit.
- Iam Back with Moses, Maureen Namatovu - Uganda's representative in the just concluded BBA is back to her lover.
Monday, 12 November 2007
New security concerns have emerged threatening the successful hosting of the commonwealth summit.
At the center of concerns in Uganda's readiness to handle a possible terrorist attack during the summit that takes place on 23-26, 2007.
- Kakooza Mutale to beat Katuntu in Bugweri
- MP Balidawa clashes with VPs PPS
- Uganda's month on CNN - November will be Uganda's month on Cable News Network and this month's inside Africa will focus on Ugandan singers with specific emphasis on songs targeting the scourge of AIDS.
Friday, 09 November 2007
The on going land Bonanza in the prime areas in the city does not cease to occur.The latest information is that the Bugolobi land that used to house the controversial Tri-Star Apparels Garments factory under the AGOA initiative is being secretly "sold" to new Libyan investors who are going to "set up" a new company.
- Police loses out as Government Privatizes Vehicle Inspection
- Kayihura Apologizes for failed Vehicle Control Rehearsal
- Tindatine Chucks lover
- Mitch Lured to replace let Bangi at Sanyu FM
- Kony rings Nobert Mao and says Otti is under House Arrest and Not Dead.
Thursday, 08 November 2007
Juba Peace talks hang in balance after Vincent Otti's execution. LRA leader feared to have shifted Rebel Base after switching off phones.
- Maureen's lover is Makawa Youkob a Mugisu by tribe and aged about 30 who is a graduate teacher from IUIU Mbale.Meanwhile Maureen will be flying off to SA today to mark the end of BBA ll this coming Sunday.
- Straka Hooks Teenager - WBS Late show presenter hooks Tom a male model in town who is a former dancer with sober royals.
Wednesday, 07 November 2007
The Hottest news Red Pepper got as it was heading for press last night was that rebel leader Joseph Kony is slated to give a radio address to Ugandans tonight at 11:00pm
- Yes I date Maureen new Lover confesses
- Muhwezi to hand MP seat to Besigye - Rujumbura county MP Maj Gen Jim Muhwezi is soon striking a deal with Col Besigye, the leader of FDC.
- Ange Noir starts DJ Bangi fund
- Sylvia Owori Hires Muzungi Manger for CHOGM
- Sudhir's son opens new Discotheque in Town right opposite the main post office called Swazy Club.
Tuesday, 06 November 2007
Excitement in UPDF ranks after Army establishes that Monster Kony has executed devil Otti over Cash Talks.
- Maureen Vibing New Guy - Snoops have learnt that after being dumped by former bonkmate Moses of National Drug Authority former Big Brother Representative Maureen Namatovu has set her eyes on someone else.
- Bebe Mad over Mayinja's win - Bebe Cool had outrightly made it clear that he was the artiste of the year and he believed that he should have edged Mayinja for the award.
Monday, 05 November 2007
Uganda Delegates plan Massive Boycott of conference over Cash
Organisers chewing money like there's no tomorrow
M7 Appoints Gen. Tumwine as Special CHOGM Advisor
- DJ Bangi is Dead
- M7 Gets 4th term Nod from Bush, FDC write protest letter
Sunday, 04 November 2007
Muhwezi, Mushega , Otafiire plan to give Museveni a shock of his life
- Maj Muhoozi under pressure to succeed Dad
- Besigye shuns FDC Colours on his House
- Fat Boy joins singing
Friday, 02 November 2007
Following the fall out between Museveni and Otafiire, Hope Mwesigye was given a green light to take charge of the Ministry of Local Government.This follows Kahinda Otafiire's refusal to attend various cabinet meetings.
- Nakaseke Boss Suspended for Sexual Harassment
- Food Prices up ahead pf CHOGM
- Maureen spends 9 hours non stop in phone sex
- Maureen's home coming party tonight
Thursday, 01 November 2007
Ministers are planning a rebellion against their senior cabinet colleagues.The Junior Ministers who are 44 in total are disgusted with the way the 25 Cabinet Ministers are dominating the affairs of the Ministries. The problem is wide spread but its worse in the Ministries of Health, Works & Transport and Energy among others.
- Buturo happy with Maureen's Eviction
- Approach me politely Bobi tells Chameleone
- Gashumba in trouble over Nabukeera
- Amarula open Studio