Plot 46, Windsor Crescent, Kololo
P.O. Box 33711 Kampala, Uganda
Tel: 041-233 665/031-263 779, Fax: 041-233 673
1. The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) was incorporated in 2001 as a company limited by guarantee and is wholly owned by the Government of Uganda (GoU). MSC is charged among others with the management of the Rural Microfinance
Support Project (RMSP) funded by the African Development Bank/African Development Fund (AfDB/ADF) and the Government of Uganda. In addition the MSC manages the Credit component of the North West Smallholder Agricultural Development project
(NSADP) also funded by AfDB and GoU. MSC seeks to provide sustainable financial services to the economically active poor in Uganda through viable Microfinance institutions. The company seeks to recruit a suitable person to fill the vacant
position of Internal Auditor.
2. INTERNAL AUDITOR (IA) - LEVEL 2
Job Purpose: Responsible for the management and planning of the audit services of the Company to ensure adherence to financial and accounting procedures and regulations as laid down.
Reports to: Executive Director for administrative purposes and to the Board of Directors for technical purposes.
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the annual audit plans for the Company and ensure that audit systems of Partner Organizations are adequate and in place;
- Manage the audit function and prepare recommendations to improve financial management and control to the Board;
- Assess the Company's financial performance and report on the compliance to the Company policies, rules and procedures. This will entail field audits of Partner Organizations and audits of the company;
- Identify policy, rules and procedural gaps. This will entail risk assessments and analysis of the Company operations and control systems and recommendations of most appropriate risk management policies and procedures;
- Prepare reports for submission to the Board and present findings underlining the implications for internal controls.
The position requires the following minimum qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Professional accounting qualifications in either CPA, ACCA, CIMA etc;
- At least 8 years working experience in managing/administering accounts of an organization, of which 5 years must be in financial services sector;
- Should be computer literate with good command of accounting packages and spreadsheet;
- Aged between 35-60 years.
The position is on a three-year renewable contract terms and remuneration is very competitive.
Candidates with the requisite qualifications should send their applications with detailed CV together with copies of academic certificates and testimonial with at least 3 referees one of whom should be from the current or last employer. Applications to be received not later than Friday 29th September 2006, at 5:00p.m. To the address here below clearly marked MSC/IA addressed to:
The Director General,
Uganda Management Institute,
Plot 44-52, Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 20131,