Uganda Music Industry

Uganda's Red Pepper Tabloid

Random Pick

Juliana Kanyomozi

Jose Chameleone

Fille Clear and Mc Kats kick off wedding plans

Zari Reunites with Ivan

I take full responsibility for having lost my mind to take such shameful pics.

Sunday, 12 September 2010
Fast, Secure & Affordable are understatements when it comes to what is now called Mobile Commerce. Launched early 2009, MTN Mobile money has yet again added another service that can be used with its Mobile Money facility on top of sending and receiving money, buying airtime or sending airtime to another number on the same network, now you can also pay for your DSTV bill.

Some have even gone along way in using it as a safe custody for monies or a savings account as monies kept on the mobile phone will remain intact once not touched.  To pay your DSTV bill using MTN Mobile money follow the following steps:
  • MTN Menu
  • Select Pay Bill
  • Select DSTV
  • Enter the 11 digits of your Smart Card
  • Enter the bouquet package amount
  • Enter Pin and Confirm
Digital Satellite Television is provided by Multi Choice with its headquarters at Buganda road in which a dish is connected to your TV set where as MTN Mobile money is open to those on the MTN network though you need to register for the service. Registration is free which normally requires taking down your details on to a form followed by a replacement of your current  sim card to one that is Mobile Money enabled.

The new sim card does not result in loss of data because all the information on the old sim card is transferred to the new sim card. The major benefit in signing up is the reduced charges you pay while receiving money. The charge by non registered customers is a lot higher compared to those who are registered.

So now that registering is free what do you loose and yet the benefits are enormous ranging from sending, receiving, electronic wallet, paying bills. We are crossing to an era of electronic bills a move that environmentalists advocate for day in day out.
Related:  Mobile Money Transfer now in Uganda
Pay for your DSTV with ZAP
Posted by: uowd AT 11:00 am   |  Permalink   |  10 Comments  |  Email
Comments:
Its still better to go and pay up at the counter. All the short cuts DSTV introduces will still cost you lots more than if you just drove/walked to their offices. I used to top-up with scratch cards and still waste airtime calling DSTV hotline and go through the routine of unplug decoder, remove smart card, reset decoder etc. This time I just paid using mobile money. Its 6 hours and still nothing. I just wish I could get my refund and try Star DTV.
Posted by Alex on 29/09/2010 - 03:41 PM
Its all a question o resisting new technologies or talk about being comfortable with the type writer as opposed to the computer, soon the employees will have to adjust or perish. I asked a similar question from the DSTV branch in Ntinda and guess what!! I was told that the other office(Repairs &Maintenance)which was some yards away could help me. I left it at that.
Posted by Bamz on 29/09/2010 - 10:17 PM
I paid for DSTV on 19th July using MTN mobile money and they have not connected me up to date. When I called Multichoice help line, they reffered me to call MTN and when I called MTN,I was given the transaction ID which I already had to send to multichoice, who still insists they have not recieved the money. Is payment via mobile money safe? How will I be helped?
Posted by Opoki Gerremy on 26/07/2012 - 03:14 PM
How can I be connected to extra view?
Posted by Lusasa F Perez on 30/07/2012 - 01:22 AM
Hello, I paid DSTV for one year,but the signal in Entebbe is not clear,what shd i do ? kindly advise. Didas 0782179717
Posted by Didas Tumwebaze on 02/08/2012 - 01:52 AM
what are the current payment of dstv/ when i want to be connected.SANKS FOR THAT POSITIVE RESPONSE.
Posted by ssali dickson on 27/11/2012 - 04:42 AM
Thank u for allowing us to pay thru mtn mobile money ever since i started doing so i have saved alot of time.So to me its fantastic and no problem.Thank u.
Posted by moses bukulu on 29/01/2013 - 08:47 AM
Its just better going at the counter. Its now 3 days and i hv not seen dat pic. I've even spent alot in sms and calls but still to vail.
Posted by lawrence on 31/10/2013 - 02:07 PM
DSTV Ya help line has dried ma pockets it consumes alot;DSTV how poor are you that you cant even put A toll free help line for ya customers ;pliz syle up
Posted by katwaza andrew on 07/02/2014 - 08:41 AM
I have paid by Mobile money, i want to be connected now. The service centre or call centre is already closed. How do i do it?
Posted by BEEBWA FIDELIS on 09/05/2014 - 02:40 PM